– Attend monthly Service Board meetings (held on the third Satur
day of each month) required
– Attend monthly workshops (Burbank & Westside) when possible.
– Assist in the preparation of the SCDA Annual spending plan.
– Assist in the preparation of the monthly bank statement
– Assist in the preparation of monthly Treasurers Report to
– Assist in miscellaneous duties such as making deposits, transfers
as well as bill payment as determined by Service Board &
Intergroup group conscience.
– Assist in the review, negotiation and execution of contracts as determined
by Intergroup group conscience.
– Chair the Finance Committee with various committee agenda tems and projects (adhoc)
-Service Board Sponsor to train new incoming Treasurer Minimum Qualifications:
Terms of Service: 2 Years, renewed for a maximum of 2 terms
-Have at least one year of not incurring new unsecured debt.
-Actively working the Twelve Steps with a Sponsor
–Had at least two PRG/PRMs
-Have DA Service Experience (preferably as a treasurer, GSR or ISR)
-Able to work with the committee structure
-Additional Desired Qualifications
-Experience using QuickBooks accounting software
-Experience/skill as a professional accountant or bookkeeper
-Experience in finance or business management
-Experience with spreadsheet software
The primary purpose of the Public Information Representative is to carry the message of recovery to the still-suffering debtor and to other people and groups who come in contact with debtors.
Qualifications for a PIR
Is an active member of Debtors Anonymous, attending meetings regularly with at least six months of not incurring unsecured debt; *requirement is one year of not incurring unsecured debt for working with the media
Has an understanding of the Traditions, including a firm grasp of anonymity as discussed in Traditions 11 and 12
Has worked the Steps or is currently engaged in step work in the DA program
Has a sponsor in DA
Responsibilities of a PIR
Report to his or her home group about PI activities
Commit to a minimum of one hour per month of service work
Attend DA speaker training and media training within the first year of service
Be a point person for requests from the media
For More information on Public Information Officer go to this link:
I don’t have anything specific on Event’s Chair yet, but I think its in the Service Book. For now you could just put this:
The Special Events Chair is in charge of organizing and hosting Do DA Day, the Visions Retreat and an optional 3rd event. Minimum requirements: 6 months no debting and 2 PRGs.